A list for preparing for South by - now in yummy list of lists format!… Updated as of March 6th 1am
Ideation for make great SXSW
- Read this list and contribute new suggestions in the comments yo.
Submit challenge ideas Help Team NC complete the tasks on the Chevy SXSW Road Trip Challenge from March 8-11. (via Ryan Boyles)
Vote for See the finalists before the winners of The 13th Annual SXSW Interactive Web Awards are announced on March 14th at 7pm.
- Can anyone help me with tickets to the Kick-ass film premiere Friday night? I really really want to see this and make all my comic book nerd friends jealous.
Get your plan on
- All NC folks going to South by,
attend see the notes from the North Carolina preview of SXSW at the Feb 25th Triangle Social Media Club meeting at Bandwidth. (via Jeff Cohen)
- Install the my.SXSW app on your iPhone - schedule stuff on your agenda, friend peeps (such as The Internet’s theRab), share that agenda with friends, join interest groups, read latest news from conf hq, blah blah blah.
- Add your photo to your my.sxsw.com account pronto! (for your badge)
- Get together your mobile plan for exploring Austin and finding your way to all the bright spots. (via Lifehacker.com)
- Install SXSW Play on your iPhone, then discover cool artists from the music and film festival.
- If you don’t have ‘em, get your fresh, hot business cards ordered quick. otherwise get ready to bump and poke. be sure to update your profiles for Bump on your iPhone or Android or your Poken (geek!). Here are mine - made exclusively for the road trip (b/c you can never be dorky enough).
Organize your entourage
- NC people attending SxSW? Tag your tweets #NCrulesSXSW. Just because it’s obnoxious. (via Chris Moody, David B Thomas and Jeff Cohen)
- I am also building a Twitter List @theRab/sxsw-peeps of people from here, there, everywhere; for networking. Recommend yourself via Listorious if you want to connect. There are also a couple of SXSW attendees lists to follow created by Damien Basile and Ken Yeung.
- If you are an IBMer attending South By, add yourself and suggest others to the @theRab/IBMers-at-SXSW twitter list. Kat and I are planning a meetup at one of the events.
- Get your Plancast profile hooked up with all the events you see below plus sessions and discover what your pals or influencers are planning to attend. Yeah, I’m theRab on there too.
- Figure out what panels you’ll likely attend and then find a seat with / near your friends with SitBy.us.
- Before you head off to Austin, Texas, add yourself to Mashable’s Austin Realtime directory. Austin Realtime is powered by Cliqset and sponsored by Sony Electronics. (via Mashable)
- Fave people (like me), hook in services, add interests (tags), etc etc
- Send a @reply to @hc on twitter to be included in the SXSW NC people map atTwiangulate.com.
- Crash the SXSW Blogger Lounge (hosted by Windows Phone and TechSet) with Stephanie Agresta (@StephAgresta) and Brian Solis (@BrianSolis) each day from 9:30am to 6pm in the Austin Convention Center room 19A.
- Networking networking networking… yeah add your friends and follows on my.sxsw.com and compare schedules. Yes I’m theRab on there too.
- RSVP for the Mashable’s Mashbash SxSWi party sponsored by Sony and Cliqset. Also see Facebook event. (via Jeff Cohen)
- RSVP for the Gowalla Tiki Room party. Also, find a Gowalla Tiki Room VIP pass in Austin. (via Wayne Sutton)
- Register for Cog’aoke 2 - attend, sing and vote for your fave fab singers, like Schneider Mike.
- RSVP for the SMC Austin Bar Party, sponsored by KickApps and Akamai. (via Kathy Mandelstein)
- RSVP for the TechSet Party. (This is the party, via Jason Keath)
- RSVP for #SocEnt = The Good Capitalist Party (via Jason Keath)
- RSVP for TechKaraoke.
- Get on waiting list for AllHat II tweetup. (via David Armano)
- RSVP for Adobe SXSW Sunday Brunch.
- RSVP for “State of Now” - 140 Conference SXSW Cocktail Party, a Texas style cocktail party hosted by Jeff Pulver. (via Allie Sullivan)
- RSVP for the Cree LED Revolution "Sustainable Media" SXSW Happy Hour Party.
- RSVP for cross-city Social Media Breakfast during SXSW. Happens before Allhat II: Return of the Cattle at Guero’s at noon and after SXSW Geek Breakfast on Sunday. (via Kat Mandelstein)
- Attend the SXSW Happy Hour & Internet Oldtimers Meet Up (via Jason Keath)
- I think I’ve given up on listing RSVPs… unless people make direct suggestions on things I have to attend…. so browse the guides and apps and blogs…. like….
If this isn’t enough - browse even more events with those other guides
- Surf for free ‘noms’ all around the conference on the SXSW 2010 Free Noms! tumblr blog and RSVP to those that look most tasty (nom noms: that’s food-speak lingo for you un-hipsters). Follow them on tumblr for the latest noms as they are posted.
- Follow the “Official” SXSW Party List on twitter. You know, if you’re into that kind of stuff.
- Browse your friends and foes’ Plancast. Some are saying Plancast is the new Foursquare - just as Foursquare was apparently the new Twitter at SXSW last year. I dunno…. I am just here for the connections.
- See what others in the tumblr community are planning for SXSW
- Sponty Unofficial SXSW event guide
- Riotvine SXSW event guide
- Bored with South By? Here are 365 other things to do in Austin Texas.
Recommended NC Speaker Sessions at SxSWi (from 2/25 Triangle SMC “NC @ SXSW preview" meetup)
- Jay Cuthrell’s Collaboration Panel “Wave and Communication’s (R)evolution: Better Than Being There?" with Jared Goralnick, Daniel Raffel of Yahoo Pipes, Casey Whitelaw of Google Wave and… Jay Cuthrell. See his preview on Slideshare.net
- Henry Copland’s “Media Armageddon" panel discussing "What happens when the NYTimes goes away?" and other news media topics, featuring speakers from Daily Kos, NewYorkology and David Carr from NYTimes - check it
- Evan Carroll’s “Core Conversation” session on Beyond Immortal: Understanding the Digital Afterlife - see more about the project on TheDigitalBeyond.com
- Wayne Sutton’s Video Workshop - Becoming a Real-time Video Blogger in 2010
- Yeah, I should be using sitby.us or my.sxsw for this list…
There you have it. What have I missed? Tell me more…